Safe Shelter is authorized by the State of Colorado to provide up to three month’s short-term emergency rental or mortgage assistance to eligible victims of relationship abuse that were economically impacted by COVID-19. Please read below for eligibility requirements, application and contact information. If you are not a victim of abuse, click here for the statewide mapping tool to find local resources available for your household.
Application and Evidence of Hardship
Please review first before completing your application
You must be able to:
- Prove income from continuous work history prior to the COVID-19 impact
- Demonstrate financial hardship caused by COVID-19 economic disruption
- Have had existing (stable) housing in Boulder or Weld counties
- Prove household income BELOW (not equal to) 50% of Area Medium Income PRIOR TO the loss of income due to COVID-19 HUD’s Income Limit Tables by County
- Prove legal residency
Households with a voucher (HCV/PBV/State/other) are NOT eligible.
To Apply for Assistance
- Contact Jessica@safeshelterofstvrain.org for an initial screening.
- Complete application (English/Spanish) for assistance, including the section on financial hardship. Please note, you must download the application to make it a fillable document.
- Provide documentation of a change in earnings before and after March 11, 2020. This may include one or more of the following:
– Termination of employment letter or email
– Bank statement/deposit record for electronically received Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits
– Other document indicating the UI benefits are forthcoming
– Written statement by an employer.
- Evidence of primary location may include:
– Current mortgage statement
– Property records (county clerk/assessor)
– Current executed lease (signed by tenant and landlord/property manager)
– Current utility bill or income documents (UI letter, paystubs)
– Other third-party evidence of rental agreement for at least one full month prior to job/income loss
- Provide evidence of housing cost due
- Complete the Affidavit of Legal Residence, sign and date in ink, and mail to:
Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley
P.O. Box 231
Longmont, CO 80502
PLEASE EMAIL FIRST FOR A PRE-SCREENING. The fillable application (English/Spanish) for housing assistance can be Emailed to Jessica@safeshelterofstvrain.org. Please note, you must download the application to make it a fillable document.