If you or someone you love is in immediate danger, get help now, call 911.
If you are not in immediate danger but need to talk to an advocate now, call our 24/7 Crisis Line: 303-772-4422.
The COVID-19 era is a time of uncharted territory. Our highest priority is the safety, health, and well being of our clients, staff, and volunteers. We are working hard to ensure that our staff is well informed and protected and that services can continue to be provided safely and effectively.
To that end, the following are some updates regarding Safe Shelter’s modifications of services:
Crisis Line will continue to operate 24/7
- Advocates will offer callers crisis intervention, counseling, information, and referrals.
- Callers requesting shelter will be forwarded to Emergency Shelter staff.
Operations for Nonresidential Services
- Advocates will be providing non-emergency client services via phone or video conferencing between 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. This includes non-emergency Legal Services and Housing Navigation.
- Advocates will be available to meet in person with clients who are in high crisis or imminent danger.
- All group sessions are temporarily cancelled.
- Because St. Vrain Valley schools are closed, we will be rescheduling any presentations planned for Teens Ending Relationship Abuse (TERA).
- All presentations to community groups will also be cancelled and rescheduled at a safer time.
Due to the dizzying changes and uncertainty regarding the coronavirus pandemic we have held off making a hard decision about holding the Symposium on Domestic Violence. Now, based on the recommendations of the CDC and the urgings of the State of Colorado, we will be postponing this year’s event until further notice. We appreciate the enthusiastic responses we received and look forward to presenting an equally as rich gathering post COVID-19.
We are accepting and in need of your donations.
Monetary donations are the most helpful. Please check our Donate page for ways to to support Safe Shelter.
High-need NEW items: hand sanitizer, liquid hand soap, surgical/ N95 face masks, cleaning gloves, cleaning supplies (bleach and alcohol-based supplies), canned fruits, frozen meat, individually wrapped snack items or individual-sized food items. NO USED ITEMS AT THIS TIME.
Please call our office at 303-772-0432 prior to bringing donations to check for updated needs and space availability; and/or click here for our WISH list.
WE'RE MORE THAN A SHELTER!
Our Emergency Shelter is just one of seven major programs we offer for victims of domestic and dating violence. We also provide the following:
- 24-hour crisis line
- Individual and group counseling
- Case management
- Legal advocacy
- Community and peer education
- Information and referrals
All services are available in English and Spanish.
CAREERS WITH SAFE SHELTER
Are you passionate about giving back to the community and working in a mission-driven culture? Then Safe Shelter is the nonprofit you'll want to work for!